Belvest Personal Data Policy
- Belvest Ltd (Belvest) policy on Data Collection complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap 486. For more information you may wish to visit the Privacy Commission at www.pco.org.hk. This policy is intended for existing and prospective individual clients (the “Client”) of Belvest and its related companies (the “Investment Adviser”) from whom personal information has been and / or may in the future be collected.
- Belvest Personal Data Policy applies to both the privacy users of this website and the collection of personal data. (by “personal data”, we mean information about you of which can be used to ascertain your identity).
- Personal data collected from you will only be used for the purposes of providing investment advisory and management services, direct marketing, and compiling statistics for internal use.
- The Investment Adviser will at all times observe the Ordinance in the collection, maintenance and use of Data. In particular, the Investment Adviser will ensure to the best of his/her abilities:
- Only legitimate means are used to collect Data;
- The Data used is accurate as possible;
- The use of the Data is consistent with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) in Hong Kong and the contractual obligations of the Investment Adviser;
- The Data is protected and made available only to authorised persons; and
- Clients have the right to inspect and amend Data at any time.
- We would like to use your name and contact details to send you marketing materials about our financial advisory services (i.e. insurance, investments, pensions, private banking and property), but we must obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) of persons who become our clients after 1 April 2013 before we can do so. We will however continue to send marketing materials to all persons who were our clients before 1 April 2013 as usual, as we are permitted to do by the Ordinance. If you do not want to receive our marketing materials, please send an email stating this to [email protected]
- We will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected. After that time, your data will be erased.
- Data will only be disclosed consistent with the contractual rights and obligations of the Investment Adviser to other parties for the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal data may also be disclosed where we are required to do so by law.
- We have installed security systems to ensure your personal data is not subject to unauthorised access.
- The Client has the right to:
- Check whether the Investment Adviser holds Data about the Client and gain access to such Data;
- Require the Investment Adviser to correct any inaccurate Data relating to the Client; and
- Ascertain the Investment Adviser policies and practices in relation to Data and be informed of the kind of Data held by the Investment Adviser.
THE COMPANY MAY CHARGE A REASONABLE FEE FOR PROCESSING ANY SUCH REQUEST.